Sunday, May 28, 2006

Mom tells me about Heaven

My mom died almost two years ago. A couple weeks ago I had a dream about her that was more vivid than any I’ve had since she died. I have some ideas about it but if you have any ideas what it means, please share them with me!

We were in a room on the day before my little brother was to get married (he doesn’t even have a girlfriend yet). I cried and hugged her over and over, but she seemed rather detached. She told me about the after life. She said, “I’m not sure I like it that much yet. It’s like a carpenter shop. Just remember carpenter, Ross. But we get breaks. It’s also like a heart with circulation.”

She was so unemotional about seeing her family again, about meeting Nicky’s future wife, about being in the world again. But she did get a carefree smile and looked very content when she told me she saw her life as “making a lot of lunches, helping dad out, and doing laundry for her family.”

I thought to myself, finally I’ve talked to someone on the other side and know that there is something on the other side of life. I can stop searching and wondering. Then I woke up and realized, it's not supposed to be that easy for me. I'm ok with that. I'll keep searching out my creator.

I met a Canadian in the airport a couple days ago. I asked him what he does. He said he is a carpenter. When I asked about his job I found out we would call his job construction. He was going to build houses almost completely from the cement to the drywall.

"Just remember carpenter, Ross."

Joh 14:2 "In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

August 09, 2006 10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home