Sunday, May 28, 2006

Coffee with Danielle

Danielle is a beautiful, caring friend of mine that loves God very much. I got to share coffee with her as she told me the recent events that have brought her to one of the most pivotal moments in her life.

She works for a man named Greg hurst, who runs an organization that helps a lot of needy people. She is struggling through a very unfulfilling business degree while she does business paperwork behind a desk for Greg. Her passion is to work face to face with street kids and prostitutes. She has always told Greg that as soon as she finishes her school she is going to look for a different job where she can interact with the needy people face to face. Lately she has begun to feel that there should also be a way she can help them in a more permanent way.

She had just gotten back from a conference for an organization that ministers to street kids and prostitutes. She reluctantly had found herself in business seminars at the conference and then talking to people who were very excited to be doing business stuff for this organization. It got her thinking. She went for a long walk. She thought. She prayed. Ideas began flowing. Ideas to use business to give them a brighter future, more permanently. But one idea grew bigger and bigger about the present. A voice said, "Greg is looking for one person and you are it." She argued, "but I have always told myself, I don't want to, I can't, and I won't work like that for Greg." She walked more. She prayed and cried more. Finally she said, "Lord, for what you desire, I am willing."

When she returned and talked to Greg he told her, "Danielle, I have to tell you. I know you've always told me you don't want to, you can't, and you won't work like that for me, but I am looking for one person to run all the ministries. I prayed about it and I think you are it. I think you will want to do it, you are able to do it and you will do it, if you choose to."

He continued with passion, "I have a vision of how things could change. I think that any street kid, or prostitute no matter how dirty or sinful, is just as important as the person in charge of the whole program." Danielle, with tears in her eyes told him, "I had a vision too, that even the dirtiest and littlest should be able to sit down and pour out his heart to the one in charge."

I was so happy for her. Tears seem like such a strange form of joy, but that's the way it works in me. I was so happy to see our great God showing His love to her. She wiped her tears away and said, "sorry I've been talking about me this whole time." And she made me take my turn. I told her about the exciting revelations I had recieved in the spiritual battle for Juan's heart.

It might sound weird that we cry over sharing such simple stories with each other. I think the closest I can come to putting my finger on the reason for this good joy that brings us to tears has something to do with this: sincere friends realizing they share in the same big love of the same big creator.

3 Comments:

Blogger FFG said...

Thanks for checking out my blog too, I really enjoy this blogging...you've been doing a lot of it lately. Good stories, good insights.

May 30, 2006 5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

August 08, 2006 4:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

August 11, 2006 8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home